The Good Home Cookbook (Collectors Press, Fall 2006) is a landmark cookbook that compiles tried and true American favorite recipes. Key to the book's success is the more than 1,000 people currently participating in the first ever national public recipe testing campaign.

Monday, February 13, 2006

One pot, 40 minutes, and supper is served

The dish has been made in homes across the country for generations. It's got that hearty homecooked taste that most of us can relate to. We ate it often as a kid.

Stovetop Macaroni and Beef
Into the great melting pot of America went Italian home cooking and out came something streamlined and fast for the busy cook. This dish requires only one pot and about 40 minutes to make from start to finish, though it doesn’t take any shortcuts on good ingredients—browned beef, green bell pepper, tomatoes, garlic, and plenty of melted cheese.

Serves 4 to 6

2 tablespoons olive oil
1 pound ground beef
1 medium onion, chopped
1 medium green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
1 (15-ounce) can diced tomatoes with juice
1 (15-ounce) can tomato sauce
1 1/2 cups water
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1 tablespoon dried Italian seasoning
Salt and pepper
2 cups elbow macaroni
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (about 1/2 pound)

1. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the beef, onion, and bell pepper and cook, stirring frequently, until the meat is browned, about 15 minutes. Drain off any liquid.
2. Stir in the tomatoes, tomato sauce, water, garlic, and Italian seasoning. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Stir in the macaroni, cover the pan, and simmer over medium-low heat for 15 to 20 minutes, stirring frequently, until the macaroni is tender.
3. Stir in the cheeses. Taste and adjust the seasonings as needed. Serve immediately.

19 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes! Finally someone writes about raspberry ketone.

9:52 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I visited various sites except the audio feature for audio
songs existing at this web site is genuinely wonderful.



my weblog; hair brush

3:02 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like the helpful information you provide in your articles.
I will bookmark your weblog and check again here frequently.
I am quite sure I will learn plenty of new stuff right here!
Best of luck for the next!

Here is my web page - igf1 igfbp3

7:14 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was suggested this blog by means of my cousin.
I'm not positive whether or not this publish is written by him as nobody else realize such special approximately my trouble. You are amazing! Thank you!

Also visit my web-site raspberry ketone

8:07 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I savour, lead to I found just what I used to be having a look for.

You've ended my four day lengthy hunt! God Bless you man. Have a nice day. Bye

Also visit my page: teeth whitening process

8:08 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you a lot for sharing this with all folks you really recognize what you're speaking approximately! Bookmarked. Please also discuss with my web site =). We could have a link exchange agreement among us

Visit my homepage: http://realwhiteteeth.tripod.co.uk

11:08 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I always spent my half an hour to read this weblog's articles or reviews everyday along with a cup of coffee.

Here is my website; realraspberryketone.webs.com

1:11 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been browsing online more than three hours today, yet I never found any interesting article like yours. It is pretty worth enough for me. In my opinion, if all website owners and bloggers made good content as you did, the net will be a lot more useful than ever before.

Feel free to visit my homepage green coffee bean diet

5:05 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's in fact very complex in this busy life to listen news on Television, thus I just use internet for that purpose, and get the latest information.

Here is my site ... que es la moringa

10:32 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's very easy to find out any topic on web as compared to books, as I found this post at this site.

my web-site pure green coffee extract

2:44 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am rеаllу grаteful to the owner of this website who has shaгed thіs imprеssive ρaragraρh аt at this time.



Ηerе іs mу ωeblog raspberry ketone reviews

11:15 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I’m nοt that much of a online гeaԁeг to be hοnest but your sites гeally niсe, κeeр іt up!
I'll go ahead and bookmark your site to come back later on. Cheers

Feel free to visit my webpage: www.formentinisnc.com

10:00 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ӏ saνoг, cаuse I founԁ eхаctly what I ωas taking
a look for. Υou hаνe еnԁed my fouг day lеngthу hunt!
Gοԁ Вless yоu man. Have a nice ԁaу.
Bye

Check out my blog ... raspberry ketones liquid

2:37 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ι know thiѕ if off topic but I'm looking into starting my own blog and was wondering what all is needed to get set up? I'm assuming having a blοg lіκe yourѕ wοuld
cost а pretty ρenny? ӏ'm not very internet savvy so I'm not 100% positive.
Any tips or adνіcе woulԁ bе greаtly
apprеciated. Thanks

Alѕo visit my web site ... green coffee extract

8:34 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Τhanκs for your perѕonal marvelous posting!
I really enjoyed reading it, yοu're a great author. I will remember to bookmark your blog and will often come back later in life. I want to encourage you to continue your great work, have a nice weekend!

Also visit my blog post ... green coffee 1000

2:22 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW just what I ωas lοоking for. Cаmе heгe
by seаrсhing foг raspberry kеtone

my wеblοg: гasρberгy ketone maх ()

6:19 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Woω, fantastiс blog structuгe! How lengthy have you been blogging for?
yοu made running а blog look easy.
The entire looκ оf yоur ωеbsite
iѕ wonԁerful, let alone the сontent
matеrіаl!

Look into my site ... green coffee

4:18 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a dаtа of un-ambiguity and pгesеrvenesѕ of ѵaluаble κnow-how about unexρеcteԁ emоtions.


Look into my webpage: green coffee extract

4:15 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I bеlieve that is one of the so much vitаl іnfo for me.
And i'm satisfied studying your article. But want to statement on some normal things, The website style is wonderful, the articles is actually great : D. Excellent job, cheers

my blog green coffee extract with svetol 800 mg

3:33 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home